Negative thoughts can challenge and even ruin your daily life, like my day in the mountains (more on it right here).
By acknowledging those feelings and physically throwing them away, you will change your inner voice into positive vibes.
Here is how you can do it:
- You have been hit by negative thoughts, anger, low self-esteem, jealousy, etc.
- As soon as you can, write or draw on a piece of paper how you feel.
- Now, put that piece of paper in the center of your hand, read out loud what you wrote and acknowledge that you felt, or still feel that negative sensation
- You don’t want that feeling anymore, so you crunch, crumple, squeeze, put the feeling (paper) into a ball and throw it away
- Now with the Take a Smile (recipe link here) , grab a piece of paper, write a positive feeling about yourself and put it in your HappiJar (recipe link here)
By identifying and representing the negative feeling, you can distant yourself from it. It is then easier to overcome it and step into a calmer, more positive and by consequence into a happier feeling.
Tell us, what is your way of getting your negative emotions away? We’d love to hear your comments right here.
Alternatives: Depending on where you are, you can take the material that is at disposition. It could be for example some snow that you put into a ball and throw it away. It could be leaves or sand.
Just choose something that is handy (and won’t hurt anyone in its path) that could represent the negative thought. It’s important that you can physically represent it and throw it away.